We welcome you as a guest in our “home” – whether or not you are a patient or just visiting.
Your time and convenience are important to us so we have compiled a list of things that will help you with the registration and billing process.
- Please bring a Copy of your Insurance Card
- Social Security # – Driver’s License – Emergency contact information
- Insurance Co-Pays are due at time of Service
- Deductible is due at the time of service if applicable
- Registration Form – The Registration staff will help you complete a registration form. You will be asked to review this information each time you register as people move, get married, change employers- life happens and things change
- Consent Form – this consents to your treatment and also authorizes the hospital to release medical information regarding your hospitalization to the insurance carrier listed on your account. Additional consent forms may be needed if you are having surgery or another special procedure.
- Identification bracelet – at the time of registration an ID bracelet will be placed on your wrist. This is for your safety and clearly identifies you throughout your stay. Please do not remove it until you have left the hospital.
- Minors – permission for treatment of minors must be signed by parents or legal guardians
- Valuables – Please leave your valuables at home or with a family member
- SMC is a smoke free campus – including e-cigarettes. If you smoke, let your doctor know and a nicotine patch can be provided for you
SMC has a very experienced staff in the billing office. They understand and can explain insurance, Medicare, Medicaid and the billing process. We also have a person whose sole job is to assist you with the new insurance exchanges and with the county financial assistance program.
IF YOU HAVE INSURANCE
- First you will receive a Blue statement that lets you know your insurance has been billed and payment is pending – there will be no balance due
Second you will receive a white itemized statement that shows insurance has paid and balance due. This is your opportunity to review the itemizations for any discrepancies.
- From this point forward you receive monthly blue statements with balance due
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE INSURANCE
- First you will receive a white itemized statement with a sticker asking you to please let us know if you do have insurance- a Balance due will be listed on this statement. This is also your opportunity to review the itemized statement for any discrepancies.
- Blue statements with balance due will be sent monthly
PAYMENT PLANS, CREDIT CARDS AND FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
- Master Card, Visa, American Express accepted
- Payment Plans available
- Financial assistance through State/County for qualified applicant
- Automatic deduction from your bank account can also be set up
- Financial Counselor available to help with any of these choices (208) 784-7017 ext. 388
You may also receive bills from separate doctors or providers who cared for you while you were in SMC such as radiology. These are not included in your SMC statements.
The SMC Billing department contracts with Dr. Scott Reed to do his clinic billing. If you see Dr. Reed in his clinic, your statement will come on SMC stationery but note that services were provided by Dr. Reed.
SMC PROVIDES Assistance with Insurance Exchanges and State/County Financial assistance applications
Please call any of our experience billers to talk about your bill or answer any questions. If your last name begins with:
- A – G call (208) 784-7017 ext. 332
- H – N call (208) 784-7017 ext. 333
- O – Z call (208) 784-7017 ext 334
- Business Office Manager (208) 784-7017 ext 331
- Financial Counselor (208) 784-7017, ext. 388