Your Hospital Stay
Welcome to Shoshone Medical Center and thank you for choosing us for your healthcare. You will be treated with respect, empathy, compassion and care along with our quality health services.
Listed below is helpful information for you and your family.
What to Bring to the Hospital:
Essentials such as your personal sleeping apparel or toiletries. *Be sure to tell your caregiver if you have hearing aids or dental appliances
What Not to Bring to the Hospital:
Jewelry, cash, credit cards or other valuables
Your meals will be prepared according to your physicians directions and will be served at 8 a.m., , noon and 5:00 pm. A registered dietitian is consulted if you have special nutritional needs. Family members and guests may order meals from the dietary department if they would like to eat with their loved one – just ask a nurse or one of the dietary staff members in the cafeteria.
Newspaper, Mail, E-mail Cards, Balloons and Flowers:
The Daily Shoshone News Press is available for patients. Your nurse will bring it to you if you are interested. Mail and flowers are also delivered by the nursing staff or volunteers.Due to many latex allergies, latex balloons are not allowed. Mylar balloons are welcome. Family and friends may send cards and notes via e-mail on this website. Those messages come to the Administration office computer and will be delivered to the patient the weekday they arrive or on Monday following the weekend.
Internet services are available – just ask your nurse to set it up for you.
SMC is a non-smoking campus, inside and outside. This includes vapor cigarettes. Thank you for helping us maintain a healthy environment.
We love our pets too!However, they don’t mix in a clinical hospital setting. Your pet will be waiting for you at home!
If you are being admitted to Shoshone Medical Center please help us streamline the process by following these steps:
- Please bring a Copy of your Insurance Card
- Social Security # – Driver’s License – Emergency contact information
- Insurance Co-Pays are due at time of Service
- Deductible is due at the time of service if applicable
- Registration Form – The Registration staff will help you complete a registration form. You will be asked to review this information each time you register as people move, get married, change employers- life happens and things change
- Consent Form – this consents to your treatment and also authorizes the hospital to release medical information regarding your hospitalization to the insurance carrier listed on your account. Additional consent forms may be needed if you are having surgery or another special procedure.
- Identification bracelet – at the time of registration an ID bracelet will be placed on your wrist. This is for your safety and clearly identifies you throughout your stay. Please do not remove it until you have left the hospital.
- Minors – permission for treatment of minors must be signed by parents or legal guardians
- Valuables – Please leave your valuables at home or with a family member
- SMC is a smoke free campus – including e-cigarettes. If you smoke, let your doctor know and a nicotine patch can be provided for you
Again – Thank you for choosing Shoshone Medical Center for your healthcare.If you have any questions at all about your stay, please ask the admissions clerk at 208-784-1221.