Shoshone Medical Center is a 25-bed, acute care hospital in Kellogg, Idaho providing critical access healthcare to the entire Silver Valley region. SMC offers many inpatient and outpatient services. SMC employs over 100 people and contributes significantly to the region’s economy.
Our goal is to deliver excellence in health care while providing resources for facilitating wellness awareness and promoting community health education.
For more information, please call (208) 784-1221.
To provide excellence in healthcare.
To provide valley-wide healthcare that assures the provision of quality services.
To assure that quality healthcare services are provided locally.
To assure continual improvement of the effectiveness of the Quality Management System.
To comply with all rules, regulations and guidelines.
To provide for the integration of services with regional healthcare systems.
To focus on a culture of safety and fiscal responsibility throughout the organization.
To provide resources for facilitating wellness awareness and promoting community health education.
To integrate services with physicians and other community healthcare providers.
Shoshone Medical Center is part of West Shoshone Hospital District #1, which is a tax-based hospital district in Shoshone County formed in 1952. The district is governed by a seven-member board of trustees with district elections held every two years. Trustees serve six-year terms.
In 2012, Shoshone Medical Center transitioned to NIAHO Certification (National Integrated Accreditation for Healthcare) by DNV and has been ISO-9001 compliant since 2016. Shoshone Medical Center has been consistently certified by Medicare and Medicaid.
District Owned Facilities
- Shoshone Medical Center: 25 Jacobs Gulch, Kellogg ID
- SMC Health & Wellness Center/Fitness Center: 858 Commerce Drive, Smelterville, ID
- SMC Community Outreach Center: 9 Country Club Drive, Pinehurst, ID
- SMC Support Services: 107 Church Street, Pinehurst, ID
- Commercial Building, Office Space: 204 Oregon Street, Kellogg, ID
- Pinehurst Medical Clinics: 107 Church Street and 301 S. Division, Pinehurst ID
- Kellogg 4 Plex: 25 Robinson Avenue
- Kellogg 3 Plex: 239 E. Riverside